Classes & Programs
Group Fitness Classes ($5/class)
- Pilates (Room 271): This 55-minute class helps to improve your flexibility, build strength, and develop control and endurance in your entire body. Ideal for all fitness levels. Nicki Wilson teaches this class on Mondays at 9:30am and Fridays at 10:15am.
- YogaFit (Rooms 271-273): This class has been paused until after Easter. Using traditional vinyasa poses and flowing movements, this class leaves you feeling energized, inspired, stretched, and relaxed. Ideal for all fitness levels. Caroline Bennett teaches this class on Mondays at 12:15pm.
- Yoga (Room 271): This 60-minute class takes you gently through the practice of the basic postures, stretches, balance, and breathing. Ideal for senior adults, beginners, and moderate to advanced exercisers. Jane Dillard teaches this class on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9am.
- Release and Restore (Arts & Crafts Room): This 75-minute class includes a short, gentle movement practice, which will lead into stillness. Ideal for all levels of yoga experience. Nancy Shultz teaches this class on Thursdays at 6:15pm.
- Buff Bones (Arts & Crafts Room): This 45-minute class is a gentle Pilates-based full-body workout that focuses mostly on bone strengthening and balance. Ideal for senior adults, beginners, and participants with injuries. Linda Lathren teaches this class on Tuesdays at 10am.
- Zumba (Room 271): This fun, energetic 60-minute class helps you dance yourself into shape without even knowing it, while listening to great music. Ideal for beginners to advanced exercisers. Ebony Javis teaches this class on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 5:30pm.
- Fusion 5 (Basketball Court): A music-forward, full-body workout, this class blends cardio, strength/weights, and yoga. This class is customized for ages 50+. Familiar favorites in each musical genre set the rhythm for each class– from Beach Music Classics to 70s Disco, or Country Hits to Southern Rock– and make this 60-minute workout pass quickly. With the fusion of these five disciplines, participants will leave feeling energized, strengthened, balanced and inspired: cardio, weights, yoga strength poses, yoga balance poses, relaxation/meditation (including inspiring devotional reading/prayer). Caroline Bennett teaches this class on Wednesdays and Fridays at 9am.
- MOVE! (Room 271-273): This 45-minute class will include low-impact, easy-to-follow dance aerobics incorporating strength-building and stretching. In this class, use your own body weight to build strength, cardiovascular endurance, and flexibility. This is a fun and effective class for all ages. Comfortable clothes and gym shoes required. Meredith Trout teaches this class on Thursdays at 10:15am.
- Chairobics / Arthritis (Rooms 271-273): This 45-minute class is designed to help those with mobility, balance, flexibility, or other conditions that limit their ability to exercise. This class also aids those suffering from arthritis, fibromyalgia, lupus, or other similar conditions. Ideal for senior adults. Kitty Konkle teaches this class on Mondays and Fridays at 11am.
- Scottish Country Dancing (Arts & Crafts Room): This 90-minute class is a form of group dance enjoyed by old and young alike. It involves groups of mixed couples of dancers tracing patterns according to predetermined choreography. Colleen Walker teaches this class on Mondays at 6pm.
- BARRE (Room 271-273): This class has been paused until further notice. This 50-minute class mixes isometric movements, Pilates, core and low impact moves to make your body stronger. Ideal for all fitness levels. Nicki Wilson teaches this class on Fridays at 9:30am.
- Call us at 803-256-1650 for more information.
- On Mondays from 8:15am-10:15am and Tuesdays from 5:15pm-8pm, join us for fun and fellowship on the indoor pickleball courts. All ages are welcome and games are played on a first-come, first-served basis. The Christian Life Center has 12 paddles and plenty of pickleballs, but you are welcome to bring your own equipment.
In addition to Group Classes, Basketball Leagues, and Pickleball the Christian Life Center has an Exercise Room, Walking Track, and Basketball Gym.